The management structure of the Association is defined in Section 6 of the Constitution. It consists of three tiers:
- The first tier, the Chairs, act as the public face and voice of the Association. There are two Chairs, one drawn from serving military (Navy) personnel and the other drawn from the Merchant Marine.
- The second tier, the Board of Directors provides the leadership for the Association, ensuring that it operates within the constraints of the Constitution and for the benefit of its Members.
- Project Chairs and Directors are members of the Association who have primary responsibility for a specific topic or issue within the Association.
- The third tier, the Core Operating Staff, performs the day-to-day functions that keep the Association up and running.
Special Dispensation (2018-2019)
In preparation for its 10-year renewal, a special dispensation has been passed to allow for some adjustments in tasks in order to streamline the Association's operations. This will take place through the 2018 and 2019 calendar years and will be complete for 01 January 2020.
- First Chair (Industry) - Mr George Pateras
- Second Chair (Military) - in discussion
Current Board of Directors / Executive
- President - Mr David Stone MA MSc CMAS CAS-MSM (contact d.stone(at)iamsponline.org)
- Vice-President - Debborah Donnelly BSc MA ABCP (contact ddonnelly(at)iamsponline.org)
- Secretary - Gordon Foot, MA MSc CMarTech FIMarEST SFIIRSM FinstLM AFNI IntET (contact g.foot(at)iamsponline.org)
- Director 1 (from membership) - in discussion following change of elected persons
- Director 2 (from membership) - in discussion following changes of elected persons
- Director 3 (from membership) - in discussions following changes of elected persons
- Project Chair - Captain Andrew Frank Korek, MNI
- Project Chair (Seafarer Considerations and Re-integration) - Captain Abelardo Pacheco
- Project Chair (Veteran Outreach) - Jeff Woodruff, CD CAS
Core Operating Staff
- Chief Executive Officer – overseen by Executive for 2018-2019 (currently as the Named Director at Companies House)
- Chief Quality Assurance Officer – overseen by Executive for 2018-2019
- Chief Operations Officer – currently maintained by the Executive
- Chief Information Officer – Bob Radvanovsky BSc MSc REM CIPS CIFI CISM Security+
- Chief Professional Development Officer – maintained by the Chief Learning Officer
- Chief Learning Officer - Allan McDougall BA BMASc PCIP CMAS CISSP CPP PSP CMSP
Former Founding Members: David Buston, John Dalby, Allan McDougall
Current Ad Hoc Committees
At this time, ad hoc committees are in abeyance until after the special dispensation and will be restart in 2020.