TO JOIN IAMSP & FEES
- Membership within the IAMSP comes with a number of advantages. In addition to the credibility that comes with maintaining your membership standing in a truly professional organization, the Association also conducts activities including those listed below.
- Lobbying and providing a truly professional voice for the industry;
- Development of standards and guidelines based on the highest critical standards;
- Research into topics of special interest;
- Provision of reference material and resources to assist in dealing with challenges; and
- Vetting and consultative services aimed to help our members in the development and refinement of their services.
- In short, when you join IAMSP, you are entering into a community that supports each other for the betterment of the industry. This is done at reasonable cost.
- By enrolling / subscribing, you are agreeing to be bound by the principles of the IAMSP with respect to the following:
- Abiding by the Code of Practice;
- Adhering to the Constitution;
- Adhering to the Non-Disclosure Agreement; and
- Conducting your operations in accordance with the intents and principles outlined in the International Code of Conduct for Private Security Service Providers and, if applicable and appropriate, signing onto the Code. This applies only to those companies that deliver services or perform functions that would be covered under the Code.
- Our website registration process and membership enrollment process are linked. The fee that you pay for your membership will determine the level of access that you have on the site. For example, a Full Membership will allow for full access throughout the site whereas a Guest membership will allow basic access for one day. Please see the membership criteria page for more details.
- Please note that you should retain your receipts for tax purposes. You should receive one that indicates payment and a second that is notification that this is a recurring payment.
The Association has taken the decision that it will allow non-members to enroll through the “register” process on the website to gain access to reference material posted here. Using this process simply allows access to the reference material and should not be confused with the enrollment process described below for full, associate, and student members that procede through the PayPal processes described below. If you choose the free registration option, you may sign up for membership later through the appropriate process on this page.
- Please note that from 20 Oct 2011 to 31 Oct 2011, we will be conducting audits and reviews in addition to updating certain systems, the PayPal system will not be accepting payments for the next 07 – 10 days in order to ensure smooth processing. We ask that you hold off on placing your payment until after this time.
Membership levels are the following:
Full membershipentitles you to participate on all committees, to vote in elections, to hold executive or chair positions, to assist in the research and development process, comment on standards and receive advance copies of material before being released. This membership is most suitable for those that are involved in the delivery of goods or services within the maritime security domain. ($100 / year)
Affiliate membership entitles you to participate on committees, to comment on standards and receive advance copies of material before it is released. It does not entitle you to vote in elections, nor does it allow you to hold chair or executive positions. This membership is most suitable for those that have an interest in the delivery of goods or services within the maritime security domain, but are not directly involved. ($70 / year)
Student membershipallows for you to participate on committees as determined on a case-by-case basis (with preference given to those associated with training and development), to comment on standards and to receive advance copies of material before it is released to the public. It does not entitle you to vote in elections, to hold chair or executive positions.It does not entitle you to participate in the development of standards or other technical material. This membership is most suitable for those that are in training or attending a maritime academy (or similar institution). Those persons who apply for student membership may be asked to provide a scanned copy of their student card to validate their status. Those that misrepresent this status will be barred from the Association and may be subject to civil or criminal action. ($20 / year)
Access to Website (not membership)
Free access to the website (not a membership level) is available through the registration process. If you proceed through the registration process and not the paypal process, this is the membership level that will be assigned to you by default.This is not a membership level.