- IAMSP is proud to announce the next phase of its capacity for its members and the maritime industry in general. As of 03 September 2011, codes for IAMSP full and associate members will be available upon request. These codes will give them access to the eLearning portal at no additional cost.
As an international association with a global reach, this eLearning portal will assist IAMSP members around the world by leveraging the internet and modern technology. These programs have undergone critical review by persons considered competent or experts in the areas concerned.
As a result, our members will be able to receive familiarization-level training on a range of topics without the disrupt of travel, time away away from work or additional costs.
This eLearning portal will provide the first IAMSP certificate, focussing on the following elements:
- The Duty of Care
- The theory behind the Use of Force
- An introduction to the structure of maritime legal issues
- An introduction to the various Human Rights conventions applicable in the domain
- How the above are integrated into management
- As noted in several requirements, training associated with these topics is becoming more prevalent and required by the Industry. IAMSP decided as part of its efforts to raise the standards of professionalism within the industry and its core values of providing return on investment to its members, to make these modules available as an integrated element of its full and associate memberships. Further, for those companies that had submitted to or successfully passed the vetting process, these courses will also be made available to those companies permanent employees.These courses will be made publicly availabe in the near future through an eCommerce portal.
- This series of courses was initiated based on IAMSP's commitment to professionalism within the industry. A core element of this professional conduct is adherence to the principles associated with the appropriate protection of Human Rights. As a result, these courses provide a strong basis from which the security practitioner can build a comprehensive understanding of the various elements that integrate with human rights issues.
The eLearning Portal is available at www.elearning.iamsponline.org. Full and Associate members may request their access codes (needed for the free registration) from either the President (amcdougall (at) iamsponline.org) or Secretary-Treasurer (secretary (at) iamsponline.org).
- Each module is followed by a short quiz of randomly selected questions that, should an individual be successful in meeting the requirements to pass, will result in the individual being issued a certificate clearly that he had passed the course. This certificate will also be retained in the individual's electronic profile for the purposes of verification.
- This effort has been the result of a detailed research process and the work of several members of the IAMSP Executive and membership. This collaborative effort on behalf of the Association and the industry is a clear example of how IAMSP is unique in providing credible returns to its members and the industry in general.
- Those interested in joining IAMSP, a truly international, professionally-driven Association for the maritime industry, are invited to visit our webpage at www.iamsponline.org