- Welcome to the International Association of Maritime Security Professional’s website (IAMSP). As an independent body, we provide the Maritime Security Industry with a credible home and voice for those individuals and companies that adhere to, or that are seeking to adhere to, the highest standards of professionalism today.
- We are an enabling organization. We understand that maintaining professional status is something that requires ongoing effort. For that reason, our community provides its members with guidance, tools, training and developmental forums that assist them in attaining, maintaining and demonstrating that professional status.
- We are a community that our members can use to demonstrate that they adhere to the highest professional principles to the outside community. For individuals, this will be in the form of formal certification using the same standards used by the most credible of industry and security certifications. For companies, this involves the use of our vetting criteria that provide our members with a clear, measurable and auditable method of demonstrating that they comply with the principles and practices within our industry.We maintain that credibility through a clear Code of Practice and disciplinary structure that applies across our membership.
- We are also an enabling association for the industry in general. Our process for the vetting of training has been used successfully in the past and is based upon the same principles used by academic institutions and other training bodies for the conduct peer reviews. Our vetting of technology, developed in consultation with life cycle managers, engineers, operators, and business leaders, has yielded measurable benefits to a number of companies and has withstood critical scrutiny by the clients of those companies.
- Those seeking guidance and advice will find that our community provides an environment within which challenges can be discussed respectfully in ways not found elsewhere.
- All of our members are bound, as a condition of membership, to protect and respect information provided by their colleagues under the terms of a clear non-disclosure agreement. Our Code of Practice guides our members, ensuring that respectful discussions can take place. Finally, our web presence allows our members to establish, in consultation with the Executive, controlled spaces from which they can discuss issues with various degrees of control (ranging from the whole organization to specifically named persons).
- We are an organization based on the principles of volunteerism. Our members have the highest assurance that their fees, the most reasonable in the industry and kept firmly in check by the membership, are used to provide for the operations of the Association and their direct benefit. The principle of volunteerism is also important when describing our Association as a true not-for-profit entity. All of our elected directors are volunteers from within the Industry that have made the commitment to the Association and its goals.
- We welcome all those with an interest in the maritime security domain–from corporations to individual practitioners, colleges to cadets, and those that provide services to the maritime security domain. You will find, as we work to continuously improve our services to our members, that IAMSP provides a worthwhile community from which to build.